Seattle, WADate Added: September 12, 2023
Duration: 18 month(s)
Salary: $45-$48/hr DOE
• The Technology Project Coordinator/Junior Project Manager will support multiple technology programs, projects and work streams to support enterprise product strategy, engineering and execution programs/projects impacting Identity Access Management (IAM) platforms and services for a large-scale matrix organization.
• The Junior PM will coordinate activities, resources, equipment and information across the teams involved in the project(s), monitoring project phases and schedules, tracking progress, communicating project milestones, tasks and risks as well as facilitating project plan meetings and working sessions, aligning internal team members and external stakeholders.
Will be responsible for supporting the delivery of enterprise-level projects and initiatives within the Enterprise Technology portfolio. This individual will work closely with various Project teams across a multi-disciplinary, multi-function group of technologists and business professionals. This role requires strong organization skills as well as the ability to communicate effectively across diverse audiences.
Primary responsibilities include coordinating activities, resources, equipment and information across the teams involved in the project(s), monitoring project phases and schedules, tracking progress, communicating project milestones, tasks and risks as well as facilitating project plan meetings and working sessions, aligning internal team members and external stakeholders.
o Performs project coordination responsibilities with the support and guidance of senior project management team members
o Accountable driving the execution and delivery of one or multiple project work streams or tasks and/or supports a smaller initiative from start to finish
o Demonstrates a clear understanding of the project/program's vision, objectives, scale and scope of work, expected outcomes, business value, impact and timelines.
o Creates schedules for one or multiple Project work streams inclusive of key deliverables and milestones.
o Provides the Project Governance team with timely updates on work stream progress to control and monitor the project.
o Support project financial forecasts including resource plans and other expense plans at work stream level
o Diligently follows guidance on process and practice improvements in the project management environment
o Ensures critical day-to-day project deliverables progress forward to deliver specified requirements, objectives, and value
o Fosters a culture of inclusivity among the Project team
o Foster a team environment of self-organization, retrospect to learn and adapt with the goal of delivering the highest value to our guests and cast.
Vendor and International Team Management
o Support and align with 3rd party vendor and international team's PM to ensure deliverables are complete in a timely manner
o Demonstrate flexibility to align with international time zones as necessary
o Submit and monitor requests for various types of services (e.g equipment deliveries)
o Evaluates and harmonize vendor's timelines/schedules and dependencies with the various work streams to ensure alignment with overall project/program objectives
o Escalates to remediate risks/blockers impeding vendor's forward progression, as necessary
o Support the Project/Program Manager with finance/budget responsibilities as needed.
o Provides input for program/project status reports to demonstrate project/workstream overall health, key performance indicator (KPI), risk, issues, accomplishments, next steps, and escalation requests
o Identifies and escalates issues and risks on project workstreams in a timely manner
o Facilitates project team meetings effectively.
o Distributes timely and effective project meeting updates and call to action updates across project teams
o Demonstrates effective communication skills to facilitate project-related conversations with service owners, and driving tasks to completion across multiple supporting teams
o Escalates the need for guidance and support to direct manager effectively
Project Management Lifecycle Disciplines
o Understanding of integrated systems lifecycle development utilizing different – and sometimes – multiple development models (e.g., agile, waterfall, hybrid, etc.)
o Understanding of product and software development lifecycle processes, procedures, and tools and/or understanding of network infrastructure deployment.
o Exposure to using modern work management and collaboration tools (Smartsheet, JIRA, MS Project on the Web, Confluence, SharePoint/Teams, Slack)
o Ensures project document repositories are maintained and updated
o Participates in internal and/or external training programs, staying current and compliant on project management, agile, application or technical skills applicable to assigned duties.
o Demonstrated interest in one or more of these technology domains including workplaces services platforms and services, on-prem and SaaS/PaaS content and collaboration tools, websites & portals, application delivery, email/messaging platforms, video and voice solutions deployed at scale, workplace devices, support, and authentication; Network and Infrastructure working knowledge: Datacenter migration, wireless refresh, network segmentation, Cloud migration.
• 2+ years of applicable project management experience in a fast-paced environment, preferably for a large company.
Skills / Specialized Knowledge/ Competencies
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent meeting facilitation and presentation skills
• Strong ability to meet deadlines
• Applied or conceptual knowledge of project management processes, systems development methods, organizational change management, and business process improvement methods
• Comfort with ambiguity and change
• Superior attention to detail and understanding how those details relate to the project objectives
• Demonstrated critical thinking, and planning skills
• Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills to achieve business results
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills and the ability to work effectively across a wide range of constituencies in a diverse corporate and client environment
• Proven ability to deliver tasks on time while communicating with teams and leadership
• Demonstrated inclusive leadership that embraces diversity
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• End-user experience in the use of modern program and project management tools, such as ServiceNow, JIRA, Clarity, Smartsheet, MS Project Online, etc.
• Exposure to a wide range of productivity tools, including collaboration software (e.g., Slack, MS Teams), and standard MS Office tools (e.g., Outlook Online, OneDrive).
• BA/BS in business, computer science preferred or other technical field or appropriate work experience
Don't delay. Join the Software Resources team today!
Software Resources specializes in connecting talented IT professionals with challenging job opportunities that transform jobs into careers.
To meet our clients hiring needs, we continuously source talented IT Professionals with all levels of expertise and in all disciplines. We offer world class major medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) with match, short term disability, Life Insurance and AD&D. You, our future employees, can make a tremendous difference to our company and our clients. Please apply to this job and experience the Software Resources difference. You can view all of our jobs at https://www.softwareresources.com/careers/