Burbank, CADate Added: September 19, 2023
Duration: 12+ month(s)
Business Operations is responsible for global program and project management, capital and portfolio management, resource prioritization, tracking and communication of performance, administrative services, AOP & LRP Planning, Space Management, and other key functions critical to the operation of DE&E Technology division. This position is part of the Global Program Management team which manages the execution of DE&E Technology programs, including scope, delivery schedules and budgets in addition to identifying dependencies, managing risks and quantifying business impact. This role collaborates with Product, Design, Engineering and QA to understand and rationalize strategic roadmaps while providing easy to understand, transparent reporting to leadership during delivery.
Within the Business Operations organization the Technical Program Manager is responsible for managing small through large-scale, complex projects in the Consumer Software Engineering area from initiation through closure. This role specifically supports client-facing Web, iOS, and Android digital products. These initiatives and deliverables will involve daily hands on management of technology activities utilizing Agile and Scrum based software development practices; and will include working with other technical teams to effectively deliver business solutions. This role requires a wide range of leadership competencies, technical (PM) experience and communications skills. Responsible for managing projects using DE&E Technology processes, tools and methodologies, which includes the development of the scope of work and the management of time, cost, risk, and communications.
• Manage all aspects of consumer software development projects from Initiation through Closure
• Plan, coordinate and direct all activities associated with creating and maintaining project plans, communication plans, risks/issues, etc. leveraging best practices defined by the Performance & Operations team
• Leverage experience with Agile and SCRUM methodologies to lead project teams on a daily basis to the successful delivery of software development projects
• Responsible for managing team dynamics, morale and motivation while building a culture where all members and points of view are respected
• Accountable for delivering ‘quality’ solutions that provide desired business benefits and/or solve business problems – ‘on-time’ & within budget
• Lead Project Teams through the identification and management of risks and the resolution of issues, escalating to management as appropriate
• Able to quickly solve complex problems in a challenging, dynamic environment with minimal direction
• Provide frequent and transparent communication to the business and technical senior management, project teams and stakeholders regarding project health, issues & risks
• Effectively communicates complex and/or difficult information to both technical and non-technical audiences, including Executives
• Ability to influence key decision-makers / stakeholders towards new business processes and technical solutions that best serve DE&E & The Company
• Facilitator – must be able to:
– Facilitate meetings/workshops with large groups of people beyond the project team
– Facilitate the project team through the resolution of complex issues
– Ensure group participation
– Drive workshop/meeting to conclusion and/or actionable outcome
– Develop and deliver outcomes/results/notes in a manner appropriate to the level of the group
• 5+ years of experience managing formal application software development projects
• 3+ years of hands-on experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies developing software applications, playing the role of scrum leader effectively
• PMI Certification preferred with thorough understanding of Project Management Methodologies & Techniques
• CSM / CSP Certification preferred with thorough understanding of Scrum Agile Methodologies
Don’t delay. Join the Software Resources team today!
Software Resources specializes in connecting talented IT professionals with challenging job opportunities that transform jobs into careers.
To meet our clients hiring needs, we continuously source talented IT Professionals with all levels of expertise and in all disciplines. We offer world class major medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) with match, short term disability, Life Insurance and AD&D. You, our future employees, can make a tremendous difference to our company and our clients. Please apply to this job and experience the Software Resources difference. You can view all of our jobs at https://www.softwareresources.com/careers/