Software Resources has an immediate job opportunity for a Dev/Op Specialist with a corporation in Orlando, FL.
This position is responsible for Software Development and Network Operations (DevOps) in support of business needs. This is a hybrid position for an Information Technology Generalist.
- Researches, evaluates and implements new technologies, processes and procedures to maintain network operations and cyber security in accordance with industry requirements such as NIST 800-171, Sarbanes Oxley, Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) and other laws or regulations that apply in the future.
- Evaluates and implements services and technology for wide area network operation in order to reduce costs and improve availability and security for site-to-site communications.
- Develops and maintains in-house software for general business use and for automated testing software.
- Participates in the maintenance and operation of the Active Directory environment including group policy.
- Participates in the maintenance and operation of network operations including (but not limited to) DHCP, DNS, Client, FRS, Firewall, routing and switching configuration.
- Participates in the maintenance and operation of other IT infrastructure such as the telephone system, security cameras, access control systems.
- Participates in the physical maintenance of network infrastructure including interior structured wiring and equipment (server, client) installation and maintenance.
- Supports users by providing direct assistance for network and application software issues.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Works some evenings and weekends to implement network changes when most users are off the network.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Network Design and Implementation.
- Network Performance Tuning.
- Problem Solving, Strategic Planning, Multi-tasking, Quality Focus, Coordination, Technical Understanding, Quick Study, Technical Zeal.
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Technical aptitude to support general end-user questions about computer usage.
- Ability to self-direct priorities in order to complete projects on-time.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively work with and mentor end users.
- Minimum Associates degree in Network Engineering Technology, Computer Engineering Technology, Computer Science or similar degree or verified 4+ years work experience in same.
- Experience with Microsoft technologies including Server, Active Directory, MS SQL, Exchange, Hyper-V, MS Terminal services as well as DHCP, DNS, etc.
- General computer and printer maintenance.
- Inside Plant network wiring.
- Experience with Cisco switching technology.
- Experience with C# software development or equivalent language.
- Experience with Novell is a plus.
- Experience with Linux is a plus.
- Experience with wide area network technology is a plus.
- Must be legal to work in the United States (US Citizen or green card holder).
- Office environment with heavy computer usage.
- Ability to sit while working for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 60 lbs. unassisted.
- Ability to climb a ladder.
Don’t delay. Join the Software Resources team today!
Software Resources specializes in connecting talented IT professionals with challenging job opportunities that transform jobs into careers.
To meet our clients hiring needs, we continuously source talented IT Professionals with all levels of expertise and in all disciplines. We offer world class major medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) with match, short term disability, Life Insurance and AD&D. You, our future employees, can make a tremendous difference to our company and our clients. Please apply to this job and experience the Software Resources difference. You can view all of our jobs at https://www.softwareresources.com/careers/
Software Resources is a national staffing and recruitment firm delivering the best candidates to our clients and the best jobs to our candidates since 1992.
We are a certified woman owned business in business to place contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire talent in Technology (IT, creative, marketing), finance, accounting, and executive-level positions. We serve many vertical markets including Entertainment/Media, Cruise Industry/Leisure travel, Hospitality, Government, Personal Care, Professional Services, Energy/Utilities, Security, and Financial Services.
Headquartered in Lake Mary, FL in the Orlando metro area, we have branches and sales professionals across the US. Wherever you’re located and whatever the need, count on Software Resources to provide exceptional candidates who are fully vetted and ready to go. Call (800) 774-8036 or visit us online at https://www.softwareresources.com/ and leave the recruiting to us!