Burbank, CADate Added: November 20, 2023
Duration: 18 month(s)
This is a highly visible project and resource will need to be onsite 4 days per week.
-Must have strong communication skills
-Will work with a number of stakeholders
-Must have strong attention to detail
-Providing guidance and oversight to team members.
-Will need to jump in as needed and translate needs of stakeholders.
1) Graph databases-work with Star Dog
3) Python expertise
4) 8 plus years of product innovation experience
As Technical Lead, you’ll shape the technology implementation for an exciting application used to manage cinematic canon for our Studio banners & stakeholders. In collaboration with both internal teams and external vendors, you will also oversee the architecture, documentation, and technological solutions for this knowledge graph-based web application.
In this role, you will flex your analytical problem-solving skills to provide excellent technical guidance and oversight for the product’s implementation. In addition, your strong communication skills will allow you to move efficiently between cross-functional teams and translate complex technical issues into clear, solution-oriented deliverables. The ability to collaborate well with others and bring clarity to dynamic situations will be key to your success on this team.
Role & Responsibilities
● Collaborate effectively with technical teams across The Walt Disney Studios to architect solutions and integrations that are compatible with other internal systems, as well as adhere to strict Studio Content Protection requirements
● Maintain a clear roadmap for technology solutions through all phases of the product’s ongoing evolution and development
● Bring a strong understanding of various technical tools (and their capabilities) in order to ensure the best technology solutions for specific use cases or user groups
● Develop and maintain technical documentation for the product, including but not limited to: technical architecture, key integration points, identification of third-party or open source licensing needs, associated risks, et
● Conduct code reviews, propose alternate implementation choices, and help troubleshoot issues as needed
● Synthesize complex subject matter into clear, simple terms for non-technical colleagues and stakeholders
● Proactively stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and, where appropriate, find opportunities to integrate these into new or existing projects
● Demonstrate proficiency with automated building, testing, and deployment of code and continuous integration pipelines
● Provide guidance and oversight to team members in the most effective use of technologies, software languages, and frameworks
● Work comfortably with agile (scrum, kanban) methodologies and software development lifecycle models, as well as traditional project management principles and practices
● Has deep knowledge of (and skills in):
● Graph Databases (Stardog, neo4j, etc.)
● Other Database Applications (PostgreSQL, MongoDB, etc.)
● Back-end Programming Languages (Python, Go, etc.)
● Ability to perform in a fast-paced, ever-evolving work environment
● Experience with deployment and productization
● Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
● Excellent technical, diagnostic, and troubleshooting skills
● 8+ years of relevant working experience
● Experience in the following areas:
● Cloud Technologies
● Experience in the media technology industry
● Experience working in database management
● MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience preferred.
Bachelors, or equivalent work experience