Lake Buena Vista, FLDate Added: October 20, 2023
We are looking for a Sr. Software Engineer with Java Development experience using GCP/GKE. Individual must apply practical knowledge of development and engineering to conceive, design, develop, test, and implement software fixes, improvements, components, and/or new integrations and applications of moderate to high complexity. This would be completed using modern software development paradigms (e.g., CI/CD, agile, product, GCP). Individual will have experience with Supply Chain suites (Oracle Retail). The role provides technical guidance and acts as a point of escalation and technical expert.
- Responsible for the design and development of interfaces and java using GKE.
- For assigned work drives development of components through their work and that of the team on projects, major fixes using new or existing technologies
- Develops technical solutions that meet specifications and provide positive impact on future developments.
- Designs and develops specifications for assigned components, projects or fixes.
- Reviews and writes code that meets quality gates.
- Writes and performs unit and functional tests.
- Owns programming, testing and debugging of applications or fixes to existing applications.
- Creates protocols, documentation and tools for installation and maintenance.
- Participates in setting the architectural direction for software development projects.
- Designs specific components for assigned projects, developing specifications for each.
- Designs, develops, creates and maintains technical components and templates.
- Full stack developer, comfortable with front-end development, back-end development and integration between large scale ERP systems. Owns end-to-end troubleshooting.
- Interacts and coordinates work with other technical groups in the organization.
- Performs level 3 troubleshooting and review of issues.
- Serves as a high level technical resource and "go-to” person for less experienced developers, providing technical guidance and oversight.
- Coordinates team members in finding root-cause of problems and issue resolution.
- Recommends improvements to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience, Education, Licensure and Certifications
SUPPLY CHAIN MGMT EXPERIENCE INCLUDING LOGISTICS, WMS, INVENTORY MGMT, PURCHASING, ETC.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or similar field or related work experience.
Seven years of progressively related experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and interfaces between Supply Chain ERP systems.
Significant knowledge/experience in relevant technologies, such as:
- MongoDB Atlas
- Development Tools (Eclipse, Git, CI/CD, Maven, Jenkins)
- JSON Messaging
- Web Services (SOAP & REST)
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented, self-organized, delivers quality and capable of tracking multiple pieces of work simultaneously.
- Mentoring and guidance skills
- Ability to handle virtual teams and work with resources in multiple sites (onsite, offshore, near shore)
- Excellent time management skills
- Experience with Supply Chain Suites (e.g., Oracle Retail)
Bachelor's or Equivalent
Don't delay. Join the Software Resources team today!
Software Resources specializes in connecting talented IT professionals with challenging job opportunities that transform jobs into careers.
To meet our clients hiring needs, we continuously source talented IT Professionals with all levels of expertise and in all disciplines. We offer world class major medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) with match, short term disability, Life Insurance and AD&D. You, our future employees, can make a tremendous difference to our company and our clients. Please apply to this job and experience the Software Resources difference. You can view all of our jobs at https://www.softwareresources.com/careers/