Evergreen, CODate Added: May 26, 2023
6+ month contract
Pay Range: $16-$20/hr DOE
• Work will be light warehouse work requiring picking and packing of commercial map orders for shipment to customer base
• High School Diploma is required
• Experience using PC based shipping and inventory software (Starship and MS Dynamics)…comparable would be UPS/FEDEX, US Government Client software such as WorldShip
• Lifting could be up to 50lbs
• Work environment is dusty, so dress code is casual but no open-toed shoes
• Work hours 8:30a-5p (potential for flexibility) – 1/2-hour lunch unpaid, 2–15-minute breaks paid- 8-hour workday with potential for overtime
The Shipping Specialist's primary responsibility is the picking and packing of commercial map product orders for fulfillment to distributors, retail accounts, and end-users. The Shipping Specialist position requires a thorough understanding of Windows-based shipping and inventory management software. Additional responsibilities include receiving product shipments from manufacturers, storing products, tracking shipments, distributing mail, re-organizing warehouse space, assisting with physical inventory counts, day-to-day clean up and maintenance of warehouse work space, and other general office tasks.
Percentage of time Listed in order of importance:
1. 70% Picking and packing of commercial map orders for a wide variety of customers ranging from large distributors to small businesses.
2. 10% Using PC-based shipping and inventory software (Starship and MS Dynamics)
3. 10% Receiving, unpacking, and storing product shipments from manufacturers.
4. 5% Ordering and storing shipping materials (boxes, tubes, cartons, labels)
5. 3% General office tasks and work area maintenance
6. 2% Mail and package distribution to the staff in the Evergreen, CO office.
Customer Service– Product availability updates, shipping status of specific orders
Sales– Product availability updates, shipping status of specific orders
Accounting– Ordering packing materials
Language / Communication: Ability to communicate well in a team-based environment
Mathematical / Reasoning Skills: Ability to perform math-based tasks such as accurate inventory counts, picking orders correctly, and receiving manufactured products.
Computer Skills: Ability to learn and operate Windows shipping software (Starship) and Windows order entry/accounting/inventory software (MS Dynamics)
Other Skills & Abilities Required: Some experience working in a warehouse or shipping department is desirable.
Position requires some moderately strenuous physical activity related to receiving/storing products and packing customer orders. Packaging wall maps requires the repetitive motion of rolling wall maps and inserting them into tubes. Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
Work Environment –Warehouse/storage facility contained on the ground floor of a professional office environment.
High School Diploma
Don't delay. Join the Software Resources team today!
Software Resources specializes in connecting talented IT professionals with challenging job opportunities that transform jobs into careers.
To meet our clients hiring needs, we continuously source talented IT Professionals with all levels of expertise and in all disciplines. We offer world class major medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) with match, short term disability, Life Insurance and AD&D. You, our future employees, can make a tremendous difference to our company and our clients. Please apply to this job and experience the Software Resources difference. You can view all of our jobs at https://www.softwareresources.com/careers/