New York, NYDate Added: February 01, 2024
Local candidates preferred.
Duration: 8 month(s) with potential for extension
Must Have Skills:
- Spring, Webflux
- Spark, Scala, Spring/Springboot/Java
- 3-5 years general experience in addition to having experience in production or company in production environments
- Operationalize and productionize of systems
- Data pipeline experience
- Software engineering in Big Data experience
- Ad targeting business domain experience
Our Streaming Services has been investing tremendously to modernize its platform by developing a platform layer that exposes the commerce system's capabilities to our front end device clients (Web, Mobile, Living Room devices) and our service partners like the VX platform. The primary objective of the team is to abstract away the core commerce domains from client teams and centralize all of growth life platform capabilities into one shared layer. Another objective of the team is to decouple these core commerce systems to allow for faster feature delivery.
● Work alongside Product and Business teams to understand the business implications and user flows for sign up and user account management.
● Architect and develop a future proof API layer that exposes the commerce lifecycle platform capabilities to clients.
● Craft and Develop robust API contracts and scalable microservices for internal clients.
● As a lead engineer, you will define technical proposals and orchestrate the high-level design and system flow between clients and backend systems.
● Mentor junior engineers on the team.
● Be the go-to person for technical question
● Understand key dependencies such as the core subscription, billing, and payment systems and how they will affect clients.
● Be responsible for the end-to-end software development lifecycle for our systems:
Conceptualize, design, build, code-review, test, load-test, launch, measure performance.
● Collaborate with the Product team to translate requirements into well-defined technical implementation.
● Define technical and operational critical metrics to measure system health.
● Challenge our team and software to be even better.
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
● 7+ years of relevant software engineering experience
● Strong code design and architectural skills
○ API design experience (authoring and providing feedback) with stakeholders
● Strong programming (Java or other related programming languages) and scripting skills
● Familiarity with SQL
● Outstanding communication, collaboration skills, and a strong ethic of teamwork
● Quality-first demeanor with a focus on test automation and CI/CD
● The ability to jump into a project and contribute immediately to both architecture and
● Strong analytical skill
Experience with Spinnaker and Kubernetes
● Experience with Spring Webflux or Reactive programming in Java
● Experience with GraphQL (implementation and integration)
● Experience or familiarity with grpc
● Experience with AWS, Terraform
BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
Don't delay. Join the Software Resources team today!
Software Resources specializes in connecting talented IT professionals with challenging job opportunities that transform jobs into careers.
To meet our clients hiring needs, we continuously source talented IT Professionals with all levels of expertise and in all disciplines. We offer world class major medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) with match, short term disability, Life Insurance and AD&D. You, our future employees, can make a tremendous difference to our company and our clients. Please apply to this job and experience the Software Resources difference. You can view all of our jobs at https://www.softwareresources.com/careers/