Seattle, WADate Added: January 25, 2024
Will be on-site 2 days a week and three days remote
Candidates need experience with Stream Processing which is a computing paradigm that enables real-time analysis and processing of data streams. It allows organizations to make decisions, gain insights, and take actions in real-time based on the continuously flowing data.
Duration: 11 month(s) with potential for extension
Pay Rate: $80-$90/hr DOE
Looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the User State and Customizations team within the Services and Data Engineering organization. The User State and Customizations team’s mission is to build highly available, high throughput services that are critical to delivering high quality familiarized experiences to our subscribers. If you enjoy streaming media, are interested in live sports and entertainment, or just want to join a fast-growing team that plays a critical role in the core functionality of our streaming products, then our team is for you.
- Work with a distributed team of engineers building software in a collaborative development process
- Build high-performance, stable, scalable systems to be deployed in an enterprise setting
- Lead high-level architecture discussions and planning sessions
- Participate in the code review process by providing feedback on pull requests
- Participate in the on-call rotation, supporting systems and services during production incidents Author and provide feedback on technical proposals and root cause analysis Provide mentoring and advice for other engineers
- Establish engineering best practices and standards within the team to drive quality and excellence
- Contribute to the technical community through presentations, tech talks, and other knowledge-sharing efforts
- Experience delivering backend applications in a production environment
- Expertise in Java, scaling databases (NoSQL, SQL), stream processing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience building RESTful services
- Understanding of async programming models (events, callbacks, promises, async/await) and threading/concurrency
- Understanding of source control concepts and exposure to Git Self-learner, independent, excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience with build and deployment technologies such as Jenkins and Docker
- Experience working with AWS
Don’t delay. Join the Software Resources team today!
Software Resources specializes in connecting talented IT professionals with challenging job opportunities that transform jobs into careers.
To meet our clients hiring needs, we continuously source talented IT Professionals with all levels of expertise and in all disciplines. We offer world class major medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) with match, short term disability, Life Insurance and AD&D. You, our future employees, can make a tremendous difference to our company and our clients. Please apply to this job and experience the Software Resources difference. You can view all of our jobs at https://www.softwareresources.com/careers/