Tampa, FLDate Added: October 09, 2023
Under the general supervision by the Manager of Planning and Design and within the CAA Planning and Development Department, this position represents the Authority in the administrative, operational and technical details of ongoing design activities and provides oversight of project related communication between Authority staff, design consultants, the Authority's Consulting Engineer, tenants and airport users on airport development projects.
This position oversees planning and design elements of capital improvement projects. The position is responsible for ensuring that, from an operational and functional aspect, all design elements are fully coordinated with Airport stakeholders, including meeting all Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and Transportation Security Administration (TSA) regulatory operational requirements, at a minimum. This position ensures that the design of all projects is proceeding in accordance with the goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and processes of the Authority and that all schedule and budget requirements are met.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform one or more of the activities described below.
• Develops project management plans for airport development projects including definition of the scope of work, project budgets and schedules.
• Manages capital improvement projects and other assignments including coordination and oversight of Architectural/Engineering (A/E) and Design-Build (DB) firms and coordination with key stakeholders including other Authority Departments and tenants.
• Monitors, controls and reports on project budgets, schedules and prepares project management plan updates as required to manage the project. Reviews and approves A/E and DB design invoices. Prepares and reviews project status reports with department management.
• Reviews and approves design progress deliverables including drawings and specifications at designated intervals (e.g., 15, 30, 60, 90, and 100%). Leads design coordination and review meetings. Ensures the Authority's design criteria is implemented in the project's design.
• Holds project team meetings with stakeholders during the design process, as well as keeps stakeholders updated and informed as the project moves through the design phase of each project.
• Interprets design questions from contractor and Authority construction personnel. Participates in construction progress meetings. Oversees any redesign activities, participates in final inspection and acceptance of the project.
• Coordinates with design consultants to obtain required permits and design approvals as required.
• Coordinates and establishes effective working relationships with other Authority departments, coordinates with governmental and code agencies and assists in design administration duties.
• Performs review of tenant work permit plans and specifications.
• Supervises and manages direct reporting staff, completes performance appraisals, coaches and counsels as necessary.
The minimum qualifications to perform successfully in this position is a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Architecture from an accredited college or university and a minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible experience in project design and management. The ideal candidates should possess exceptional leadership, communication and presentation
skills. Candidate must also be able to successfully pass a background check via TSA/FBI standards and is required to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
• Extensive knowledge of project management methods and practices.:
• Extensive knowledge of federal, state and local codes, laws, regulations and ordinances pertaining to public infrastructures, building and zoning codes, safety codes, environmental permitting and real estate.
• Extensive knowledge of the development of plans and specifications.
• Considerable knowledge of civil and architectural, structural, electrical and mechanical engineering disciplines as related to facilities projects.
• Considerable knowledge of applicable State and County policies, rules, standards and practices as applicable to
procurement and contracts.
• Considerable knowledge of department policies and procedures.
• Considerable knowledge of project programming, scheduling and estimating.
• Considerable knowledge of Consultant's Competitive Negotiation Act (CCNA), consultant rates, fees and cost structures.
• Considerable knowledge of budgeting and fiscal policies.
• Considerable knowledge of computer applications for engineering and architectural modeling, design, and drafting.
• Skill in visualizing spatial relationships and physical requirements.
• Skill in contract negotiation.
• Skill in engineering and/or architectural design.
• Ability to recognize and resolve potential engineering, architectural and construction problems and site development issues.
• Ability to plan, organize, and supervise the work of others.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Don't delay. Join the Software Resources team today!
Software Resources specializes in connecting talented IT professionals with challenging job opportunities that transform jobs into careers.
To meet our clients hiring needs, we continuously source talented IT Professionals with all levels of expertise and in all disciplines. We offer world class major medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) with match, short term disability, Life Insurance and AD&D. You, our future employees, can make a tremendous difference to our company and our clients. Please apply to this job and experience the Software Resources difference. You can view all of our jobs at https://www.softwareresources.com/careers/