Orlando, FLDate Added: March 03, 2023
This is an ON-SITE 4 – 5 DAYS/WEEK Position, Remote is not an option.
The Senior Technology Program Manager will be responsible for managing enterprise-level programs and/or multiple projects within the Enterprise Technology portfolio. The Senior Program Manager within ETech, is a senior program level role with the Technology Process and Performance team responsible for program level ownership of complex large-scale technology-driven projects across a diverse portfolio supporting all aspects of
ETech and its partners. The Senior Program Manager will also be responsible for developing a consolidated view of the program, and for program deliverables including calendars, cross-project dependencies, risk analysis, stakeholder coordination, and regular communication of status. This individual will work closely with various project owners to define the project team and assign responsibilities. The ideal candidate is passionate about coaching, development, and growth as well as the agile movement and the value that it brings to organizations. Additionally, this role has the responsibility for coaching and mentoring program management team members at various levels.
Primary responsibilities include guiding process development at a team level and managing high-risk, high-impact, strategic technology programs and projects across a multi-disciplinary, multi-function group of technologists and business professionals. This requires experience communicating across audiences, effectively defining and utilizing
escalation paths, and updating executive stakeholders. The Senior Program Manager works in a dynamic, collaborative environment and reports to Enterprise Technology,
Senior Manager, Program Management and may support technology programs and projects across from ETech Digital Experience Platforms, Core Systems, and Platforms, Network Infrastructure, Cloud or Operations portfolios
Proven program-level experience in leading complex technology projects or multi-threaded efforts
• Proven facilitator that can lead project meetings and large workshops driving commitments, accountability, and deliverables
• Demonstrated exceptional critical thinking, strategic planning, and process management skills
• Demonstrated experience developing and managing software development project plans
• Demonstrated experience with software development lifecycle methodologies (focused on Agile, Lean)
• Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills to achieve business results
• Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills and the ability to work effectively across a wide range of constituencies in a diverse corporate and client environment
• Proven ability to deliver projects on-time and on budget while communicating with key senior leaders
• Ability to inspire, motivate and lead a team to produce quality work
• Demonstrated inclusive leadership that embraces diversity
• Ability to communicate effectively to executive leadership in both business and technology roles
• Excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills
• Demonstrated ability to develop teams, mentor staff
• Understanding of modern software development and infrastructure tools, processes and practices, including Jira/Confluence, Agile Development, Cloud, DevOps, Data Management, and SaaS/PaaS.
• End-user experience and high level of competency in use of modern program and project management tools, such ServiceNow, PPM, Clarity, Smartsheet, MS Project Online, etc.
• Experience organizing teams through Agile ceremonies, e.g. product backlog refinement, preplanning, planning, daily standups, sprint reviews, retrospectives.
• Proficiency with a wide range of productivity tools, including collaboration software (e.g., Slack, MS Teams), standard MS Office tools (e.g., Outlook Online, OneDrive).
Accountable and confidently leads and directs cross-functional project teams through highly visible and highly strategic transformation programs, which often require considerable resources and high levels of functional integration and interaction with project sponsor team from start to finish
o Create full-scale master program and project schedules and communication plans consisting of multiple projects or components
o Ensure proactive scheduling of key deliverables, milestones, and deliverable tasks
o Establish program and project financial forecasts including resource plans and other expense plans
o Sponsors process and practice improvements in the project management environment and serves as a catalyst for project management excellence
o Demonstrates a clear understanding of the program’s vision, objectives, scale and scope of work, expected outcomes, business value and impact, timelines, roadmaps, resource level requirements
o May provide leadership and coaching for a small team of project managers assigned to the program
o Establishes strong partnerships and engagement with project stakeholders
o Creates governance practices and protocols to control and monitor the program/projects
o Provides management oversight, aligns and leads cross-functional and international project teams to ensure critical day-to-day program/project deliverables progress forward to deliver specified requirements, objectives, and value
o Identifies gaps in the project team’s accountability and ownership of deliverables
o Foster a team environment of self-organization, retrospect to learn and adapt with the goal of delivering the highest value to our guests and cast
o Prior Disney experience is preferred
o Proficiency with Enterprise Project Portfolio Management tools
o Experience implementing broader Agile Development techniques as part of User Stories, Test Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing; SAFe etc.
Don’t delay. Join the Software Resources team today!
Software Resources specializes in connecting talented IT professionals with challenging job opportunities that transform jobs into careers.
To meet our clients hiring needs, we continuously source talented IT Professionals with all levels of expertise and in all disciplines. We offer world class major medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) with match, short term disability, Life Insurance and AD&D. You, our future employees, can make a tremendous difference to our company and our clients. Please apply to this job and experience the Software Resources difference. You can view all of our jobs at https://www.softwareresources.com/careers/