The Senior Technician, Infrastructure Operations is responsible for all aspects of the installation of low voltage, fiber optic, outside plant, data center structured cabling and the
equipment within the critical environments.
General responsibilities include:
” Installing and/or overseeing installations within the UPT critical environments and/or of network infrastructure cable
” Oversight of vendors and/or in-house technicians
” Reporting back project status, issues, accomplishments, and resource matters to the UPT Infrastructure leadership
” Installing and/or overseeing installation of low voltage, fiber optic, outside plant, and data center structured cabling
” Installing and/or overseeing installation of MDF/IDF/SIDF components such as cabinets, racks, UPS, PDU, networking gear, server/storage gear, and other components
” Installing and/or overseeing installation of conduit and cable tray systems between station side jack and MDF/IDF/SIDF
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities (KSAs) required.
- Thorough understanding and applied mastery of industry standards in telecom and structured cabling
- Thorough understanding and applied mastery of cable management and fiber distribution standards
- Thorough understanding and applied mastery of structured cabling according to BICSI and/or Commscope certification standards
- Polished experience in installing low voltage cabling and terminating on modplug and modjack connectors
- Polished experience in installing fiber optic cabling, terminating with quick connect, anaerobic, and splicing with fusion splicer
- Polished experience installing conduit, hangars, or other methods of low voltage cable routing and installation
- Proven track record of managing teams of 10 or more and vendors
- Strong analytical, and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Professional Business communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic MS Office skills, including PowerPoint, Visio, etc.
Consistent attendance is a job requirement.
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED is required. Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience. Other: Technical experience in Infrastructure, Data Center Operations is also required. Applicable work experience could be considered in lieu of BS
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
BICSI is a plus
Commscope is a strong plus
EXPERIENCE: 5+ Years:
- Working in Data Center, MDF/IDF/SIDF, or other critical environments.
- Installing low voltage, fiber optic, outside plant, data center structured cabling
- Installing MDF/IDF/SIDF components such as cabinets, racks, UPS, PDU, networking gear, server/storage gear, and other components
Don’t delay. Join the Software Resources team today!
Software Resources specializes in connecting talented IT professionals with challenging job opportunities that transform jobs into careers.
To meet our clients hiring needs, we continuously source talented IT Professionals with all levels of expertise and in all disciplines. We offer world class major medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) with match, short term disability, Life Insurance and AD&D. You, our future employees, can make a tremendous difference to our company and our clients. Please apply to this job and experience the Software Resources difference. You can view all of our jobs at https://www.softwareresources.com/careers/
Software Resources is a national staffing and recruitment firm delivering the best candidates to our clients and the best jobs to our candidates since 1992.
We are a certified woman owned business in business to place contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire talent in Technology (IT, creative, marketing), finance, accounting, and executive-level positions. We serve many vertical markets including Entertainment/Media, Cruise Industry/Leisure travel, Hospitality, Government, Personal Care, Professional Services, Energy/Utilities, Security, and Financial Services.
Headquartered in Lake Mary, FL in the Orlando metro area, we have branches and sales professionals across the US. Wherever you’re located and whatever the need, count on Software Resources to provide exceptional candidates who are fully vetted and ready to go. Call (800) 774-8036 or visit us online at https://www.softwareresources.com/ and leave the recruiting to us!