Software Resources has an immediate job opportunity for a Security Engineer in Burbank, CA.
We are looking for someone with significant Information Security experience. Experience in banking or credit union industries would be a big plus.
The Security Engineer is the primary technical resource for all information security related tasks. This role is responsible for the deployment and management of enterprise security tools including, but not limited to: log management (SIEM), antivirus, intrusion prevention, data leak prevention and vulnerability scanning and remediation, while identifying vulnerabilities and safeguards against active or potential attacks and responding to alerts critical to security. Works in partnership with Risk Management, the Director of Information Security (ISO), credit union network engineers, and third party entities to ensure overall compliance of the Information Security program.
- Administration, use, and support of Credit Union security tools.
- Monitor server logs, firewall logs, intrusion detection logs, and network traffic for unusual or suspicious activity.
- Provide recommendations and solutions to resolve potential gaps related to Information Security on the network.
- Ownership of the testing and deployment of systems patching.
- Work with IT network engineers to resolve High-Medium-Low network risks which have been identified through in-house or third party assessments.
- Define the system security requirements for hardware being deployed to the network.
- Act as the security architect and develop the cyber security program in cooperation with the ISO.
- Ensure the Credit Union knows at all times, risks to the organization, possible security incidents and provide prompt response.
- Write reports including our responses to audits or assessment-based findings, outcomes, and next steps for remediation
Other duties as assigned:
- Keep manager updated and informed of area activities and significant problems, progress toward established goals and objectives.
- Make recommendations to manager, or assist in development of process or procedure enhancements to increase effectiveness, efficiency, and assist in meeting goals.
- May have to present materials to management or SLT.
- Initiates personal self-development and increases knowledge through own efforts
- Work hours or schedule may vary based on department needs.
- Display high level of flexibility and adaptability to support changing demands associated with job function and responsibilities.
- Facilitate, attend and participate in meetings and assigned training sessions.
- Adhere to quality standards for acceptance and completion of accurate account and loan applications.
- Meet and/or exceed individual goals and objectives as established by the Credit Union.
- Support the achievement of goals as established by the Credit Union.
- Work with the credit union’s business units to support their technology needs.
- Support the mission, vision and values of the Credit Union.
- Adheres to policies, procedures, compliance, safety, and security as they relate to the job and work assignments.
Two-year college degree in a technology field, or equivalent preferred, or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school.
- A minimum of five years of work-related experience as a security professional in a full-service financial institution or experience in a related position in a related field.
- Possess excellent customer service and sales skills.
- Possess excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
- Possess thorough knowledge of Credit Union or Banking products and services, procedures and guidelines, and field of membership requirements.
- Possess thorough knowledge of regulations applicable to essential responsibilities.
- Ability to read, speak and write clearly to convey information effectively.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills to communicate and represent the Credit Union positively with members, co-workers and management. A significant level of trust and diplomacy required, in addition to courtesy and tact.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusion or approaches to complex problems.
- Pays close attention to detail, ensuring accuracy and completeness of work output.
- Strong problem-solving skills to effectively research, investigate, and offer solutions to issues that are more complex and difficult in nature.
- Excellent organization, planning, project management, and follow-up skills.
- Work requires analytical ability, judgment, and ingenuity. A moderate amount of discretion is required to perform the job.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Able to handle multiple tasks, responsibilities and/or projects.
- Thorough knowledge of programming methodologies. Knowledge of Credit Union data processing systems, specifically Symitar’s Episys and third-party integration.
- Ability to resolve interpersonal conflict and miscommunications.
- Solid math skills.
Don’t delay. Join the Software Resources team today!
Software Resources specializes in connecting talented IT professionals with challenging job opportunities that transform jobs into careers.
To meet our clients hiring needs, we continuously source talented IT Professionals with all levels of expertise and in all disciplines. We offer world class major medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) with match, short term disability, Life Insurance and AD&D. You, our future employees, can make a tremendous difference to our company and our clients. Please apply to this job and experience the Software Resources difference. You can view all of our jobs at https://www.softwareresources.com/careers/
Software Resources is a national staffing and recruitment firm delivering the best candidates to our clients and the best jobs to our candidates since 1992.
We are a certified woman owned business in business to place contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire talent in Technology (IT, creative, marketing), finance, accounting, and executive-level positions. We serve many vertical markets including Entertainment/Media, Cruise Industry/Leisure travel, Hospitality, Government, Personal Care, Professional Services, Energy/Utilities, Security, and Financial Services.
Headquartered in Lake Mary, FL in the Orlando metro area, we have branches and sales professionals across the US. Wherever you’re located and whatever the need, count on Software Resources to provide exceptional candidates who are fully vetted and ready to go. Call (800) 774-8036 or visit us online at https://www.softwareresources.com/ and leave the recruiting to us!