Orlando, FLDate Added: February 13, 2024
There may need to be some flexibility with schedules occasionally, as certain deployments may take place outside of park hours.
-Cisco Identity Services experience is a huge plus
-Cisco Switch experience is required
-Ability to clearly document is required
-802.1x experience is a huge plus and should be able to explain how to troubleshoot it
JOB SUMMARY: Provide day-to-day support, proactive maintenance, and perform independent complex system troubleshooting. Identify capacity and performance issues to ensure uninterrupted service. Practice network asset management, including maintenance of component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information. Assist in the operational, strategic planning, and business continuity / disaster recovery solution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Troubleshoots network and communication problems related to Local and Wide Area Networks. Provides support for network users. Installs and tests communications equipment to include cabling, routers, switches, and WiFi. Support LAN, WAN, and WLAN environment. 80%
• Assists Network Engineers with special projects from start to completion. Assist in the operational, tactical, and business continuity / disaster recovery planning 10%
• Assists in training desktop support and field services, and giving technical leadership and influence 5%
• Assists in the implementation and documentation of the network infrastructure (logical and physical) 5%
• Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional information: Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
SCOPE: This position serves as the second-level network support and is responsible for all aspects of UPR data network. Works with clients to resolve networking issues/provide network access. Assists Network Engineers on assigned projects. Is responsible for maintaining documentation. Configures and installs/replaces network hardware as part of the support responsibilities. Support special events and temporary network requests. Troubleshoot layers 1 – 3 of the OSI model.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities (KSAs) required.
- Minimum 2 years managing/supporting Cisco network infrastructure
- Strong understanding of network design
- Experience troubleshooting Cisco network equipment (switches and routers)
- Strong understanding of the OSI model
EDUCATION: High school degree or GED required. Technical school or Associate’s degree preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: CCNA Route/Switch Certification preferred
EXPERIENCE: 2 years or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: Round-robin on-call schedule
Don’t delay. Join the Software Resources team today!
Software Resources specializes in connecting talented IT professionals with challenging job opportunities that transform jobs into careers.
To meet our clients hiring needs, we continuously source talented IT Professionals with all levels of expertise and in all disciplines. We offer world class major medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) with match, short term disability, Life Insurance and AD&D. You, our future employees, can make a tremendous difference to our company and our clients. Please apply to this job and experience the Software Resources difference. You can view all of our jobs at https://www.softwareresources.com/careers/