The talented technology team develops proprietary in-house software running upon these technologies which underpin gaming applications across multiple formats, including HTML5, Flash and native applications for Apple IOS and Android. Additionally, creates and distributes casual mobile games applications such as Solitaire Quest which are made available through the Apple App Store and Google Play.
This role would join the growing global based team where the successful candidate will enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced and exciting environment using the latest technologies. You will be comfortable working within an agile and creative development environment on a wide variety of exciting products and features, reacting to constantly evolving and rapidly expanding market.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, motivated and confident developer who will work directly with key stakeholders and closely with cross-functional development teams to deliver world-class software, meeting the highest standards of technical certification.
The successful candidate will work within the Java team and be involved in all aspects of Java development. This will involve working with technical colleagues, project managers and business owners to develop and maintain a multi-tier platform. Successful candidates are expected to take ownership of development tasks and provide estimates and documentation for the chosen solution. Support will form part of the responsibilities and will involve liaising with internal personnel to help investigate and resolve issues. Excellent written and spoken English is critical as you will be required to communicate with colleagues, line managers and occasionally large multinational clients.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
- Working with project managers, business owners, and external customers to implement new projects and functionality in a fast-paced agile environment
- Taking lead development roles on projects, including making architectural decisions, and taking responsibility for the full development lifecycle
- Maintenance of existing code including bug fixes and optimisations
- Identifying root cause of incidents to improve operational efficiency and deliver suitable solutions
- Enhancing our back-office tools, including identifying and implementing enhancements for teams such as Customer Services and Account Management as well as development.
- Documenting developed solutions.
- Strong core Java skills
- Java 6/7/8 and JavaEE
- Source Control Management (Mercurial, Crucible)
- Build & Continuous Integration tools (Maven, Jenkins, Ansible)
- Application/Web servers (Tomcat, Tomee, Apache)
- Web Application frameworks (Struts, SpringMVC, Spring Boot, Spring Security)
- Other Enterprise level technologies (CDI, JAXB, JAX-RS, Taglibs, Servlets, JSP, AMQP, JMS)
- Webservices, REST and Enterprise Integration (Spring Boot, JAX-RS, CXF, Camel)
- Microservice Paradigm
- Strong emotional IQ (EQ) and demonstrated the ability to create relationships with new people quickly and easily and manage those relationships effectively over time
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Self-motivated and solution-oriented
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong presentations skills
- Demonstrates the ability to adapt to various Client corporate cultures
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to plan strategically, but stay on top of tactical execution
This role may require travel, as mutually agreed from time to time. International travel to European offices may be required to facilitate training with other team members.
Don’t delay. Join the Software Resources team today!
Software Resources specializes in connecting talented IT professionals with challenging job opportunities that transform jobs into careers.
To meet our clients hiring needs, we continuously source talented IT Professionals with all levels of expertise and in all disciplines. We offer world class major medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) with match, short term disability, Life Insurance and AD&D. You, our future employees, can make a tremendous difference to our company and our clients. Please apply to this job and experience the Software Resources difference. You can view all of our jobs at https://www.softwareresources.com/careers/
Software Resources is a national staffing and recruitment firm delivering the best candidates to our clients and the best jobs to our candidates since 1992.
We are a certified woman owned business in business to place contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire talent in Technology (IT, creative, marketing), finance, accounting, and executive-level positions. We serve many vertical markets including Entertainment/Media, Cruise Industry/Leisure travel, Hospitality, Government, Personal Care, Professional Services, Energy/Utilities, Security, and Financial Services.
Headquartered in Lake Mary, FL in the Orlando metro area, we have branches and sales professionals across the US. Wherever you’re located and whatever the need, count on Software Resources to provide exceptional candidates who are fully vetted and ready to go. Call (800) 774-8036 or visit us online at https://www.softwareresources.com/ and leave the recruiting to us!