The talented technology team develops proprietary in-house software for highly transactional, concurrent gaming systems for both regulated and freemium markets.
This role would join the Las Vegas based team where the successful candidate will enjoy working in a dynamic, fast paced and exciting environment using the latest technologies. Remote co-working with the London and Sofia based teams will also be required, so flexibility to work times (typically earlier in the day) is a must.
You will be comfortable working within an agile and creative development environment on a wide variety of exciting products and features, reacting to a constantly evolving and rapidly expanding market.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, motivated and confident engineer with a development background who will work directly with key stakeholders and closely with cross functional development teams to deliver world-class software, meeting the highest standards of technical certification, supporting industry leading clients across multiple US deployments.
The successful candidate will work within the Java team and be involved in all aspects of Java development and support. This will involve working with technical colleagues, project managers, and business owners to develop and maintain a multi-tier platform. Successful candidates are expected to take ownership of tasks and provide estimates and documentation for the chosen solution.
Diagnosis, support, investigations, and bug fixing will form a large part of the responsibilities and will involve liaising with internal personnel to help investigate and resolve issues bringing a high level of technical expertise into the West Coast time zone team. The candidate will be expected to be able to responsibly manage their own time and priorities as they arise.
Excellent written and spoken English is critical as you will be required to communicate with colleagues, line managers, and occasionally large multinational clients.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
- Working with local database and operations staff to diagnose production issues as they arise.
- Implementing monitoring and instrumentation were needed to optimize production solutions.
- Working with project managers, business owners, and directly with external customers to implement new projects and functionality in a fast paced agile environment
- Taking local lead development roles on projects, including making architectural decisions where appropriate (in consultation with Architecture Review Board or Senior Developers), and taking responsibility for the full development lifecycle
- Maintenance of existing code including bug fixes and optimizations
- Identifying the root cause of incidents to improve operational efficiency and deliver suitable solutions
- Enhancing our back-office tools, including identifying and implementing enhancements for teams such as Customer Services and Account Management as well as development
- Documenting developed solutions or existing systems as needed.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- The ability to contribute ideas and solutions which will make a real difference to this fast-growing business in the exciting and evolving US gaming market
- Flexibility towards working hours, reciprocally the company is also flexible.
- Experience working in small teams, using agile methods
- Results driven, assertive and independent
- Proven experience of working on multiple projects in a fast-paced team whilst supporting others and self-managing workload within defined priorities
- Confidence to work individually and remote from the core team as needed
- Excellent communication skills
- A minimum of 3, prefer 5, years of experience in Java, with strong core Java skills
- Java 7/8 and later / JavaEE
- Source Control Management (Mercurial is used but any similar experience is useful)
- Build & Continuous Integration tools (Maven, Jenkins is used)
- Application/Web servers (Tomcat, Tomee, Apache)
- Web Application frameworks (Struts with Tiles on some legacy systems, SpringMVC, Microservices Architecture)
- Other Enterprise level technologies (CDI, Quartz, ActiveMQ, JAXB, JAX-RS, Taglibs, Servlets, JSP, JMS, Spring Security, RabbitMQ,)
- Experience of highly transactional platforms and Concurrency desired.
- Webservices, REST and Enterprise Integration (SOAP, CXF, Camel)
- Basic Linux and SQL skills used in the course of daily business
This role may require travel, as mutually agreed from time to time. International travel to European offices may be required to facilitate training with other Java team members.
Don’t delay. Join the Software Resources team today!
Software Resources specializes in connecting talented IT professionals with challenging job opportunities that transform jobs into careers.
To meet our clients hiring needs, we continuously source talented IT Professionals with all levels of expertise and in all disciplines. We offer world class major medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) with match, short term disability, Life Insurance and AD&D. You, our future employees, can make a tremendous difference to our company and our clients. Please apply to this job and experience the Software Resources difference. You can view all of our jobs at https://www.softwareresources.com/careers/
Software Resources is a national staffing and recruitment firm delivering the best candidates to our clients and the best jobs to our candidates since 1992.
We are a certified woman owned business in business to place contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire talent in Technology (IT, creative, marketing), finance, accounting, and executive-level positions. We serve many vertical markets including Entertainment/Media, Cruise Industry/Leisure travel, Hospitality, Government, Personal Care, Professional Services, Energy/Utilities, Security, and Financial Services.
Headquartered in Lake Mary, FL in the Orlando metro area, we have branches and sales professionals across the US. Wherever you’re located and whatever the need, count on Software Resources to provide exceptional candidates who are fully vetted and ready to go. Call (800) 774-8036 or visit us online at https://www.softwareresources.com/ and leave the recruiting to us!