Software Resources has an immediate, long term contract job opportunity for a Remote Guidewire Consultant with a major organization in Jacksonville, FL.
Can be Remote, but local to Florida is preferred.
The selected resources will assist in making the necessary changes to the PolicyCenter configuration, integration and tuning for performance and helping the team in implementing the key business initiatives.
- The IT Guidewire Consultant will have a thorough understanding of Guidewire (GW) products.
- This role will design, develop, make program and/or configuration changes to deliver business functionality within Guidewire Centers.
- 5+ years of experience with Guidewire applications with 2+ years development in PolicyCenter will be preferred.
- 8+ years of experience as a developer with experience of design and team leading.
- An understanding of the insurance business, an ability to talk to business analysts and SMEs in order to translate business requirements into system changes.
- A full understanding of the GW product suite and the frameworks/options available for development.
- Knowledge in configuration and coding using Guidewire tools and accelerators, Guidewire Batch, and Guidewire predefined plugins.
- Experience in configuration of screen layouts, including creation of new screens, enhancements to others and XML file changes.
- Database definition and design at the application level
- Experience relating to screen-related changes, changes to wizards, workflows, validation rules, and Business rules.
- Definition, design, and configuration of the company structure (single or multiple internal companies, organization structure, regions, branches, users, roles, permissions, producer codes).
- Ability to solve business needs/requirements with creative use of out of the box functionality.
- A strong Gosu and Java background as well as utilization of Guidewire Studio required.
- Must have experience using Java and J2EE
- Highly proficient in SQL (T-SQL or PL/SQL)
- Experience in J2EE, Spring MVC, and SOAP web services is must.
- In depth knowledge of Core Java, OOP, and design patterns.
- Database experience – SQL, Complete understanding of table joins and relational databases.
- Experience writing SQL Queries
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and technical skills.
- Prior experience with Jenkins, Rally or other similar applications.
- Experience with Insurance Systems and GW capabilities
- Experience with the mortgage lending or servicing industries a plus.
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture, and overall strategies around data reuse and integration.
- Java/ J2EE 8+ years / Guidewire applications 5 years
- 5+ years of experience with Guidewire applications with 2+year's development in Claim Center (preferred).
- 8+ years of experience as a developer with experience of design and team leading
Don't delay. Join the Software Resources team today!
Software Resources specializes in connecting talented IT professionals with challenging job opportunities that transform jobs into careers.
To meet our clients hiring needs, we continuously source talented IT Professionals with all levels of expertise and in all disciplines. We offer world class major medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) with match, short term disability, Life Insurance and AD&D. You, our future employees, can make a tremendous difference to our company and our clients. Please apply to this job and experience the Software Resources difference. You can view all of our jobs at https://www.softwareresources.com/careers/
Software Resources is a national staffing and recruitment firm delivering the best candidates to our clients and the best jobs to our candidates since 1992.
We are a certified woman owned business in business to place contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire talent in Technology (IT, creative, marketing), finance, accounting, and executive-level positions. We serve many vertical markets including Entertainment/Media, Cruise Industry/Leisure travel, Hospitality, Government, Personal Care, Professional Services, Energy/Utilities, Security, and Financial Services.
Headquartered in Lake Mary, FL in the Orlando metro area, we have branches and sales professionals across the US. Wherever you're located and whatever the need, count on Software Resources to provide exceptional candidates who are fully vetted and ready to go. Call (800) 774-8036 or visit us online at https://www.softwareresources.com/ and leave the recruiting to us!