This role would join the growing global based team where the successful candidate will enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced and exciting environment using the latest technologies. You will be comfortable working within an agile and creative development environment on a wide variety of exciting products and features, reacting to constantly evolving and rapidly expanding market.
The successful candidate will work within the Database team and be involved in all aspects of database development from the transactional platform to the reporting platforms. This will include developing and maintaining a high volume transactional database in addition to development in SSAS, SSRS and SSIS. Support will form part of the responsibilities and will involve liaising with internal personnel to help solve issues in the transactional platform as well as occasional paid weekend support.
Excellent written and spoken English is critical as you will be required to communicate with colleagues, line managers and occasionally large multinational clients.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
- 5+ years in designing and developing database using Microsoft SQL Server Duty #2
- Strong T-SQL development: Stored procedures, Views, triggers, functions
- Undertake platform administrative tasks (adding configuration etc.)
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimisation (PTO)
- Experience in native monitoring and troubleshooting tools such as Profiler or XEvent Profile, Performance Monitor, Extended Events, Execution Plan
- Excellent knowledge of indexes, index management, statistics and partitioning
- Familiarity with RDBMS principles, database design and normalization
- Understanding of the full development life cycle, development methodologies, and version control
- Develop and maintain tables, indexes, stored procedures, views, triggers and other objects utilizing the latest DML and DDL syntax
- Experience with SSDT (SQL Server Data Tools)
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving attitude with ability to learn independently
- Experience with Visual Studio Data Tools, Data Flow tasks, Package configuration, ETL heterogeneous data sources setup, Deployment models, SSIS Data Catalog management, Environment setup
- C#/.NET (we use C# scripts inside SSIS script task)
- Excellent written and spoken English is critical, plus the ability to converse well with both technical and non-technical staff
- Team oriented
- Interpretation of business requirements
- Committed to providing the best possible solution and service
- Keen to share information and knowledge
- Great attention to detail
Advanced Technical Skills:
- Experience with SSRS or SSAS or Power Pivot
This role may require travel, as mutually agreed from time to time. International travel to European offices may be required to facilitate training with other team members.
Don’t delay. Join the Software Resources team today!
Software Resources specializes in connecting talented IT professionals with challenging job opportunities that transform jobs into careers.
To meet our clients hiring needs, we continuously source talented IT Professionals with all levels of expertise and in all disciplines. We offer world class major medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) with match, short term disability, Life Insurance and AD&D. You, our future employees, can make a tremendous difference to our company and our clients. Please apply to this job and experience the Software Resources difference. You can view all of our jobs at https://www.softwareresources.com/careers/
Software Resources is a national staffing and recruitment firm delivering the best candidates to our clients and the best jobs to our candidates since 1992.
We are a certified woman owned business in business to place contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire talent in Technology (IT, creative, marketing), finance, accounting, and executive-level positions. We serve many vertical markets including Entertainment/Media, Cruise Industry/Leisure travel, Hospitality, Government, Personal Care, Professional Services, Energy/Utilities, Security, and Financial Services.
Headquartered in Lake Mary, FL in the Orlando metro area, we have branches and sales professionals across the US. Wherever you’re located and whatever the need, count on Software Resources to provide exceptional candidates who are fully vetted and ready to go. Call (800) 774-8036 or visit us online at https://www.softwareresources.com/ and leave the recruiting to us!