Miramar, FLDate Added: September 07, 2023
- This position is hybrid (onsite Mon, Tues, & Wed., remote Thurs & Fri). The manager is open to remote only but not preferred. Please specify on your candidate submittals if remote only.
- Occasional travel to Miami Port office may be required. Remote on Thursdays & Fridays.
The Data Catalog Lead position is a part of the Data Analytics & AI team and supports the corporation project goals and will report to the Data Governance & Quality Manager. This role will drive the data catalog implementation across the enterprise. This involves applying best practices to structuring, curating, and managing the Business Glossary and Data Catalog assets/domains. The role’s responsibilities include providing operational excellence for the Data Governance department, focusing on metadata management, data cataloging, and lineage management. The role will be providing thought leadership to advance innovative and automated solutions to managing the life cycle and lineage of data assets while improving data quality across the organization. In addition, responsible for developing workflows and automation around Data Governance processes and collaborating between the business data community and technical community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• This role defines, implements, and manages all aspects of the catalog design, stewardship policy, and visibility policies of the various databases and data assets.
• Facilitate and collaborate with data stewards to define enterprise business terms and assist with bringing resolution to data quality concerns and issues.
• Partner with both the business and technical SMEs to establish relationships between business assets, such as business terms, and data or technical assets, such as policy and reports, and assist with the documentation of data movement and data lineage of enterprise data assets.
• Establish and document procedures to harvest and curate data assets, including classifying mastered and reference data, identifying the authoritative source, and what and where sensitive data resides.
• Facilitate and document data ownership roles, including elements, definitions, transformations, calculations, etc. to the appropriate functional Data Steward(s), ensuring all key participants are granted appropriate input rights.
• Lead analysis, development, build, and deployment of an Enterprise Data Catalog that addresses data lineage in support of privacy, security, regulatory, legal, and audit initiatives.
• Collaborate with data stewards, data owners, and data consumers to establish best practices, processes, and procedures in support of our Enterprise Business Glossary and Data Catalog.
• Drive organizational adoption of data catalog tool by providing user documentation, training, and demos to ensure proper usage and adherence to processes and procedures.
• Partner with tool vendors on product(s) functionality to maximize our usage of the capabilities within the product.
• Accountable for the implementation and roadmap of the Data Catalog.
• Prioritize data sources for ingestion and schemes/tables and drive identification, ownership, and onboarding for priority datasets.
• Writes and maintains a Stewardship Policy which promotes the use of the Data Catalog for generating business value, all the while respecting data governance principles.
• Ability to influence peers and Senior Leaders through demonstration of ability to articulate roadmaps, functionality, and clear organizational benefits of the data catalog. implementation, as supported by data and KPIs.
• Build-out and maintain the data catalog.
• Monitor and modify metadata extracts, query log ingestion, and profiling and partner with IT and others to resolve anomalies.
Qualified candidates need a working knowledge of Data Architecture, Data Modeling, Data Warehousing, and Business Intelligence concepts as it relates to Master Data Management & Data Governance. Expertise needs to include:
• Experience on a Data Governance team and understanding of Data Governance principles.
• Experience working with Collibra Data Intelligence Cloud.
• Experience designing and maintaining business glossary, data lineage, data relationships, and data stewardship.
• Experience designing data solutions to include taxonomies, technical and business metadata, data classification and sensitivity.
• Experience integrating metadata between platforms.
• Experience with applications in cloud environments (AWS, Azure).
• Experience with ETL/ELT design and implementations.
• Experience with the AWS cloud platform and other tools including Databricks, Power BI are desirable.
• Experience working in or leading cross functional teams or projects with business and IT stewards related to metadata, data quality or governance.
• Product management experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Able to articulate information, findings, and complex data solutions concisely and with clarity to management.
• Ability to interact with a diverse set of tech and non-tech partners.
• Ability to influence, collaborate, and deliver solutions in a sophisticated, always-changing environment.
• Strong knowledge for data, analytics and enablement of online platforms or service including expertise with SQL, preferred.
• Strong business intuition, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Computer Science, MIS, Master of Library and Information Sciences, or related field.
Required Years of Experience:
Collibra Data Intelligence Cloud
Experience with REST API in Collibra
Certifications: Collibra Certified Ranger or Solution Architect