14700 Caribbean Way, Miramar, FLDate Added: December 09, 2021
Candidates need to be local to Miramar, FL to allow for picking up equipment. Will be working remote.
Provides accounting support for the Customer Service Department by responding to approximately 40,000 workflow inquiries annually.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Processes daily automated accounting actions and resolve all errors and discrepancies
• Maintains and executes AS400 queries to identify and process actions not generated by automated system programs
• Processes and maintains abandoned property records
• Resolves all workflow inquiries from the Customer Service Department which includes the following:
o Application of payments
o Disbursement of commissions/refunds
o Reinstatement of refunds
o Shipboard folio disputes
• Oversees all incoming work flows to the Accounting Department and ensure that they are brought to resolution within the time period allowed
• Makes independent decisions and recommendations regarding any Accounting-related issue posed by internal and external customers
• Applies company policy to accounting related inquiries (i.e. refunds/commission disbursements, application of payments, credit card authorization/settlements)
• Identifies and elevates issues needing further attention by management
• Communicates both written and orally with internal and external customers, travel agents, vendors, and passengers
• This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
• Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school
• 2 – 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Knowledge of cruise industry
• Working knowledge of IBM AS400 environment and experience with JD Edwards or similar accounting system
• E2K knowledge working with RAPC, RFPC CPOP (penalty applications), OPAG, RFPX and AGAD preferred
• Sales Execution Accounting System (SEAS) electronic AFCs knowledge preferred
Working knowledge of PC Spreadsheet and word processing applications such as Word and Excel and automated computer system and email applications such as Lotus Notes
• Knowledge of Sales Co-Op electronic AFC process preferred
• Ability to function in a high-volume environment as well as handle multiple tasks
• Ability to properly communicate with various departments concerning voyage verification and validation related issues
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and oral communication skills
Don't delay. Join the Software Resources team today!
Software Resources specializes in connecting talented IT professionals with challenging job opportunities that transform jobs into careers.
To meet our clients hiring needs, we continuously source talented IT Professionals with all levels of expertise and in all disciplines. We offer world class major medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) with match, short term disability, Life Insurance and AD&D. You, our future employees, can make a tremendous difference to our company and our clients. Please apply to this job and experience the Software Resources difference. You can view all of our jobs at https://www.softwareresources.com/careers/
Software Resources is a national staffing and recruitment firm delivering the best candidates to our clients and the best jobs to our candidates since 1992.
We are a certified woman owned business in business to place contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire talent in Technology (IT, creative, marketing), finance, accounting, and executive-level positions. We serve many vertical markets including Entertainment/Media, Cruise Industry/Leisure travel, Hospitality, Government, Personal Care, Professional Services, Energy/Utilities, Security, and Financial Services.
Headquartered in Lake Mary, FL in the Orlando metro area, we have branches and sales professionals across the US. Wherever you're located and whatever the need, count on Software Resources to provide exceptional candidates who are fully vetted and ready to go. Call (800) 774-8036 or visit us online at https://www.softwareresources.com/ and leave the recruiting to us!